Anna Lena van Iersel
Concepting and UX for group gift platform
Example of the use cases that are important for this project
The idea of this platform was to have an extra option to finance a more expensive, premium speaker or sound system for people’s birthdays. To be able to finance an expensive speaker with a group of friends or family, meant that several possible situations arose. One is that the party animal himself gives the go-sign, and people can fund it, the other situation is that people keep it a secret for the birthday boy or girl. I investigated the scope of this project with the initiator, delivered ideas for use cases I derived from research with my friends (excellent user groups when in dire need, and coffee shops are closed..) and proceeded to deliver the visual designs within a week. The reason this project was a short one was because of the desire from the initiator to quickly validate an MVP.
From the intake with the initiator, my interviews with family and friends, and my own brainstorm, some opportunities were found:
– Two main use cases: the birthday boy or girl wants the speaker and makes the page, or family makes it for them.
– All kinds of occasions can be relevant, from birthdays to weddings.
– Being able to share the page, but privately.
– Some people do not want to share the full amount, but smaller parts.
– The gift is not forever but for only a period of time, but flexible.
– What if the goal amount was not reached?
– What if people also want to share a message or a card?
Early user flows for the platform
– Custom privacy options for the page to adhere to the use cases
– Customized page style options and UI depending on the occasion.
– Possible integrations with registries and tools for wishlists.
– Having a scheduled page, including end date.
– When the goal amount is not reached, people should be able to get their money back.
– People can have the option to have a (secret) message on the final page.
It was a fun concept to explore and especially because it allowed me to really quickly come up with ideas, and deliver work fueled by interviews.